A List Of Great Sample Term Paper Topics On Abortion
Writing about a topic such as abortion can be hard because of the nature of this issue. You’re going to upset people no matter which stance you take, since there are two pretty clear sides on the issue. That also makes it easy to find research material and educated yourself about all sides and views of abortion. Writing your homework may feel frustrating if you can’t find a good topic. A topic is something you should do first, because the rest of the essay depends on it.
If you’re having trouble coming up with an original or interesting topic, keep reading for a few ideas. The topics below are created from current events, discussions and medical deliberations. You can use any of these to write an A+ paper your teacher will love, as long as you follow the instructions for your project. It’s partly the writing itself, and partly the format that count towards your grade. Each teacher will have different expectations but you should still pay attention to things like double spacing, headers and footers, paragraph indents, etc. for easy marks that you can get right regardless of your writing skill.
Topics for abortion term papers
Here are a few ideas to get you started. You’ll need to do more research no matter which one you choose, so you’re educated enough to talk about this sensitive subject. Talk with your classmates or teacher about a few of these if you’re considering choosing one. You can get more ideas from the library, on the internet, or asking a friend. Essay writing with help from others makes it easier and more fun.
- Every human has a right to life, even a fetus in the womb
- At what point in the growth of a fetus is it considered a human life? Is abortion possible before that point?
- Women should have the right to control their reproductive options
- Should women have the option of abortion as birth control?
- In cases of rape, incest or life-threatening pregnancy, is abortion acceptable?
- Is abortion akin to suicide?
- Some claims are being made that abortion increases the woman’s risk of breast cancer in the future—is that worth the risk to allow it?
- Some religious arguments can be made for or against abortion
- Should one person’s religious beliefs trump the rights of another person who does not share those beliefs?
If you are tasked with writing a controversial abortion essay, you may be unsure of where to start or what makes for a viable topic. Below you will find 20 useful topics that can be used as a potential topic for your assignment. Make sure you review the details of your assignment first to ensure that the topic you select complies:
- Rates of Women Having Abortions after Already Having a Child in an Area of Your Choice.
- The Safety of Online Medical Services Offering Abortion Information and Medication for Women Whose Country Has No Such Service.
- The Necessity of Confirming Pregnancies before and after Abortions.
- Contraceptive Failures and Abortion.
- Demographics of Women Seeking Abortions in an Area of Your Choice.
- Age Breakdown of Women Seeking Abortions in an Area of Your Choosing.
- Whether Religion Limits the Safe Access to Abortions.
- Financial Background of Women Seeking Abortions in an Area of Your Choice.
- Religious Identification of Women Seeking Abortions in an Area of Your Choice.
- Medications and Pain Management for Abortions.
- Safe Post-Abortion Follow up Procedures.
- What to Do When Medical Abortions Are Incomplete.
- The Reliability of Medical Abortions.
- The Reliability of Surgical Abortions.
- When to Terminate the Pregnancy So That It is the Safest.
- What Abortion Procedures Are Recommended for Which Gestation Periods.
- Current Laws on Abortion in a Country of Your Choosing.
- Most Common Reasons Women Seek Abortions around the World.
- Correlation between Low Income Women’s Abortion Rights and High Instance of Rape.
- How Safe and Immediate Access to Abortion Services Can Reduce HIV Transmission and Help Reduce Complicated Pregnancies.
Well, given that it can still be a bit challenging to understand how to write a controversial essay on abortion worldwide, we’ve prepared important facts that add up to these topics. There are writing tips on controversial essays as well, so don’t hesitate to use them. Below is a sample essay on one of the topics above:
Sample Controversial Essay on the Safety of Abortion Techniques
The issue of safe access to abortion is one which remains a high priority for the World Health Organization, and many other organizations because it is severely limited around the world and in some cases unsafe or less-than-ideally-safe situations arise. There are safe ways to induce abortion in multiple periods of gestation. Women who are in specific periods of their pregnancy can safely and effectively terminate their abortions through medical or surgical procedures. However, in some cases women are not granted access to the safe services they require when they require them. Because each technique is based on a time period for gestation, getting services immediately is imperative for women. There are still countries which do not have the available services either because they lack the funding or the qualified doctors or because their laws prohibit such services. In order to combat such situations, websites have risen up offering confidential services to women online to meet the demand, but the question of safety in these techniques has remained a controversial subject within an already controversial topic.
Based on the gestation period, women have two options for their abortions: surgical or medical. For the surgical procedure, a vacuum is used to remove the fetus. This is an in-house procedure which requires proper surgical tools and equipment. This is the recommended procedure for gestation between 12 and 14 weeks. It is also the last legal resort in places like the United States for abortions due to medical complications beyond that time period. If a medical abortion is incomplete, this is the alternative option used. For the medical abortion there are two medications, the first of which is taken orally and the second of which is either taken orally or vaginally depending on how far along the gestation is. If the gestation is under 9 weeks, it can be taken orally 24-48 hours after the first medication. If the gestation is between 9 and 12 weeks it is taken vaginally 36-48 hours after the first medication. Women under 9 weeks can opt for the surgical method if they so choose, but the medical method is recommended first.
The websites which offer these services will only provide them in countries where the women cannot access what they need. There are still countries which do not have the available services either because they lack the funding or the qualified doctors or because their laws prohibit such services. In any case, the websites will allow women to either locate appropriate services in their country, or seek services through the mail. In these cases, time is truly of the essence because the medical abortion is the only abortion method which can be administered via mail. The service will confidentially send the necessary instructions and medications and complete follow up services online for those in need. Of course, if there are delays in the arrival of the package, or a potential complication, the women must seek immediate and local help in their country which might bring with it further improper care or potential legal complications if what they did was against the country’s laws.
The medication provided is done so after the women confirm they are pregnant. It is recommended by the site that the women obtain a blood test (something often completely legal and safe in countries who do not have abortion services). This in tandem with a urine test can confirm the pregnancy and the gestation period. With this information, women can access the appropriate medication for their situation. The potential for unsafe techniques in this case lies with the validity of the results and the validity of what the women report. But this risk remains the same regardless of where the woman is located. The other issue is that the women may not take the medication properly, something which, again, is an issue no matter where they are located. That being said, the potential unsafe abortions offered by such services run the same risks as any other service and are therefore just as safe and effective as any other service.
Currie, Stephen. Abortion. San Diego, Calif.: Greenhaven Press, 2000. Print.
Merino, Noël. Abortion. Print.
Mohr, James C. Abortion In America. New York: Oxford University Press, 1978. Print.
Noonan, John Thomas. A Private Choice, Abortion In America In The Seventies. New York: Free Press, 1979. Print.
Olasky, Marvin N. Abortion Rites. Wheaton, Ill.: Crossways Books, 1992. Print.
Omran, Abdel R. Liberalization Of Abortion Laws. Chapel Hill, N.C.: Carolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1976. Print.
Podell, Janet. Abortion. New York: H.W. Wilson Co., 1990. Print.
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Tags: abortion essay topics, controversial essay ideas, controversial essay topics