Importance of Science and Technology: Advantages and Disadvantages
Posted Date: |Updated: 10-Jun-2012 |Category: General|Author: Pavnesh Pratap singh|Member Level: Silver|Points: 20|
Today in this article I am going to talk about the importance of science and technology. Today man have progressed through science and technology and made his life secure and comfortable. Man is totally depend on it. So there is more importance of science and technology today.
Science and Technology
Man has progressed through science and technology. Today science has made the impossible things possible. He had reached on the moon. He had made difficult works easy through technology. Science and technology have made the life safe, secure and comfortable. Today we are totally depended on science whether it is inside or outside the home. Now we can enjoy every second of our life through them. Technology have totally changed the field of entertainment. Now we can entertain ourselves through computers, Games, TV and so on. Electric light, Air conditioner, fan, and all the electronic gadgets are all gift of science. We can enjoy cold coffee, mango shakes, cold drinks during summer season through refreigeratos. All these things are possible through science and technology.
Today travelling have become very fast. We can travel a long distance in minutes through aeroplanes. All this is possible through science. The railway is the another way of comfort travelling. Cars, buses, scooters are other means of travelling which we use day and night. These things made our life trouble free. It is all the wonder of science. Modern world is more and more dependent on them. It is said that "Science is a good and useful servant but it is a bad destructive master." I am saying this thing because today we are misusing it. Today atomic energy is used for war and fight purpose. Why we are not using it for peaceful purposes? Our aim should be constructive not destructive. Today we are using science and its knowledge in our everyday life such as studies, playing and so on work. Today we are technologically advanced and we have achieved a lot with science and technology. Let we preserve it and use for the benefit of mankind. Now I am going to talk about advantages and disadvantages of science and technology.
1) Life is become easy and comfortable through science and technology.
2) Travelling has become easy and fast in minutes.
3) Communication is become easy, fast and cheaper.
4) Standard of living have increased with the increase in technology.
5) Man have become advanced by using various new technology.
6) Due to the development in the science and technology impossible have become possible.
7) Difficult thing and work have become easy and comfort to man due to science and technology.
8) Life has become easy and stable.
1) Man had misused the technology and used in destructive purpose.
2) Man is doing illegal things by using it.
3) New Technology like mobile, I-pods etc are creating bad effect on children.
4) Terrorist are using modern technology for their destructive work.
5) Due to the development of atomic energy and atom bomb create many harmful diseases like skin disease etc.
6) Heart disease, brain disease are caused due to the vibration of the mobile phone.
7) Modern technology have not only affected man only but it also affected plants and creatures also due to nuclear energy.
8) Due to the development of modern technology natural beauty is decreasing.
Science and Technology: Advantages and Disadvantages of Technological Advances
788 WordsOct 2nd, 20124 Pages
Science and Technology essay – Advantages and disadvantages of technological advances
Technology has been progressing at an astonishingly rapid rhythm, and it has been changing our lives in a scaring way. In the future, our lives might change even more, with several benefits and dangers of technological advances. Everything evolves around 3 concepts: technology, science and future.
So now arises the question: will this technology advance make society better or worse off?
On the one hand, several benefits will make society better off.
For example, advances in cosmetic surgery will lead to people being highly satisfied with their personal appearance and happiness among society will be increased. For example, people that feel ugly and…show more content…
If humans start living until 120/130 years old and the birth rates remain constant, then overpopulation will take place, global warming will increase at a higher rate and human life will be seriously threated. In conclusion, increase life expectancy might be a danger to human life if it’s not applied properly.
Another example, which is less “catastrophic” than the previous one mentioned is online education. If we look at a “hardware and internet connection timeline”, we will be able to notice that internet connection has been doubling its speed every 5 years, and hardware per capita (ie: the amount of computer/s owned by each person all over the world” has been increasing at a constant rate of 25%. This is a good fact, which also implies that online education will take place in the short term future. But isn’t this good? Research have shown that if online education would take place, students would suffer the syndrome of social isolation, which means that mental disorders would be suffered by students as a consequence of a lack of social interaction, as well as decreased happiness and welfare in society due to the unsocial students. In conclusion, besides it might increase individual productivity as students can adopt their own working patterns and practices, it